The Mark of a Professional
|Download our free brochure, The Mark of a Professional, for your clients.
|View a list of all NCIDQ Certificate holders by state/province.
The NCIDQ Certificate
More than 29,000 individuals around the world have earned the prestigious NCIDQ Certificate, the Mark of a Professional® for interior designers.
It is more important than ever for clients and the public to expect interior design professionals to demonstrate their competency in all areas of interior design. It is not enough for a provider of interior design services to understand just the aesthetics. The designed safety of interiors for home owners, business owners or users of public and private spaces requires much more in today’s complex world.
Earning an NCIDQ Certificate is an important milestone for any interior designer. In today’s increasingly competitive marketplace, an NCIDQ Certificate demonstrates that you are uniquely qualified through education, experience and examination to competently practice interior design.
Showcase Your Credential
NCIDQ is not a membership organization for individuals, so it is incorrect to say that you are "a member of NCIDQ." Similarly, it is not correct to use "NCIDQ" as an appellation or to call yourself NCIDQ "certified."
Your Name, NCIDQ® Certificate Number 000000
Your Name NCIDQ® Certificate No. 000000
Your Name, NCIDQ
Your Name, NCIDQ-Certified
Once you have earned the NCIDQ Certificate, it does not expire. NCIDQ does not have additional requirements to maintain the credential. Many Certificate holders choose to keep their Certificate status active with NCIDQ, although it is not required. These designers pay an optional annual renewal fee each year and enjoy additional benefits.
Certificate Holder Benefits
Active Certificate holders receive these exclusive benefits:
- Online Listing – Choose to make your professional data available on QSearch, an online tool for employers and clients to locate active NCIDQ Certificate holders.
- Mobility – Request official verification of your education, experience and examination provided to any jurisdiction or professional organization.
- Online Access – Log into NCIDQ’s Web site to change your address, view and print your CE transcript, renew your Certificate online and request other NCIDQ services.
- News Updates – Stay informed about your profession with NCIDQ’s free QLetter newsletter, e-mailed to you monthly.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Ensure the strong future of your profession by serving as an NCIDQ volunteer, sharing your expertise, networking with professionals from across the United States and Canada and earning free CEUs.
If you are active, we will e-mail you when it is time to go online and renew your membership for an additional year of benefits. Be sure to keep your e-mail address current so that you don’t miss out on any important announcements or opportunities.
Click here to access your MyNCIDQ record to update your information or reactivate your Certificate. There is a fee to reinstate an inactivate Certificate.
Requiring the NCIDQ Certificate
Successful completion of the NCIDQ Examination is required for professional registration in 26 of the U.S. states and Canadian provinces that have enacted licensing or certification statutes to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public. An NCIDQ Certificate also is required for professional membership in the American Society of Interior Designers, as well as for the professional interior designer membership categories of the International Interior Design Association and the Interior Designers of Canada.